Lovely soup for chilly nights - it takes a little while and some effort, but its worth it.
Soy bean paste (get some at Korean grocery stores)
1. Bring water to boil in a pot.
2. When it starts boiling, dilute some soy bean paste (put more if you don’t think it’s salty enough) and how many ever spoons of kimchi juice and soy sauce you’d like - this will be the base of the soup, so you decide how salty/bland you want it to be!
3. Dice a quarter of a daikon radish and put it in the soup.
4. Slice onions length-wise and put it in the soup.
5. Put in the fish cake (if it was frozen, defrost it in water).
6. Dice some green onion and put it in.
7. If you wish, you may put in the optional ingredients as well.
8. Boil until the daikon radish becomes translucent.